Alcohol, Other Drugs and Pregnancy
About this Workshop
Find out how you can assist people to make healthy and informed choices about alcohol and other drugs during pregnancy. This workshop offers information about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and smoking during pregnancy, equipping participants with the resources and tools needed to prevent alcohol or other drug-related harm from occurring.
"A healthy baby begins with us"
This workshop is suitable for anybody interested in learning about the effects of alcohol and other drug use during pregnancy but is best suited to allied health workers or other individuals working with pregnant people or people planning a pregnancy.
How does it work?
Requesting an alcohol, other drugs and pregnancy workshop is easy:
- Fill out the form on the right to request training.
- Within 2 business days, you'll receive an email with next steps and your request number.
- When your request is at the top of the queue, one of our Educators will be in contact to talk to you in detail about your needs.
- At the time of confirming dates for your workshop or education session you will be issued an invoice for the booking fee: once payment is received, your booking will be confirmed.
- Once training is finished, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
What you need to know about alcohol and other drugs
At the end of this workshop participants will have a clear understanding of the risks and potential harms associated with substance use during pregnancy, as well as the supports and resources available to help pregnant people to prevent substance-related harm from affecting their growing baby.
Learn how to screen patients for alcohol or other drug use, and feel confident to communicate the recommended guidelines around alcohol and other drug use during pregnancy.
A free resource pack including the FASD Prevention Handbook, Healthy Pregnancy Postcards, and Questions About Cannabis/ Addressing Cannabis Use handouts for all training participants.
Make a booking
DEN’s 'Alcohol, Other Drugs and Pregnancy' workshops are provided to your organisation at no cost thanks to funding from the Tasmanian Government.
The sessions do however attract a minimal booking fee of $55 (GST inclusive) to cover the administrative costs of arranging the session.
We have received your booking request. You will hear back from us within 2 business days.