Alcohol and Other Drug Workshops
About this Workshop
This workshop will build the knowledge and skills required to respond to alcohol or other drug issues in any setting.
It is suitable for any organisation looking to respond to alcohol or other drug use concerns from clients.
This workshop will provide you with knowledge around why people use drugs, the effects of drugs, how to minimise harms caused by drugs, when and how to start a conversation about drugs, and where to access information and support.
What do others say?
Help to prevent and reduce alcohol and other drug-related harm in your workplace by organising a health promotion workshop for your team.
How does it work?
Requesting an alcohol and other drug workshop is easy:
- Fill out the form on the right to request training.
- Within 2 business days, you'll receive an email with next steps and your request number.
- When your request is at the top of the queue, one of our Educators will be in contact to talk to you in detail about your needs.
- At the time of confirming dates for your workshop or education session you will be issued an invoice for the booking fee: once payment is received, your booking will be confirmed.
- Once training is finished, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
What you need to know about alcohol and other drugs
Providing your team members with access to evidence-based alcohol and other drug information equips them with the knowledge they may need to engage with clients of your service.
Help to reduce stigma and discrimination for all Tasmanians by starting an open conversation around alcohol and other drugs.
Increase knowledge of the effects of drugs and ensure your team knows where to refer clients who may require additional support.
Make a booking
DEN’s 'Alcohol and Other Drug Workshops' are provided to your organisation at no cost thanks to funding from the Tasmanian Government.
The sessions do however attract a minimal booking fee of $55 (GST inclusive) to cover the administrative costs of arranging the session.
We have received your booking request. You will hear back from us within 2 business days.