Responding to Challening Behaviours
About this training
Escalated and challenging behaviours often seem to come from nowhere, and it can be difficult to know what is happening and how to respond in the moment.
Provide your team with the information and resources they need to engage with clients who are displaying challenging behaviours as a result of alcohol or other drug use.
What do others say?
Understanding the varied effects of different substances will help you to respond to challenging behaviours in supportive and appropriate ways.
How does it work?
Requesting a training session is easy:
- Fill out the form on the right to request your training.
- Within 2 business days, you'll receive an email with next steps and your request number.
- When your request is at the top of the queue, one of our Educators will be in contact to talk to you in detail about your needs.
- At the time of confirming dates for your workshop or education session you will be issued an invoice for the booking fee: once payment is received, your booking will be confirmed.
- Once training is finished, the organiser will receive a training report and each attendee will receive a certificate of attendance.
Creating safety in your workplace
Whether your organisation provides face-to-face services in a treatment setting or through broader community support, there may be times when people accessing your service are struggling to manage their behaviours in a safe way due to the effects of alcohol and other drugs.
This training increases awareness of the relationship between mental ill-health, substance use, and behaviour, and explores the ways to respond to people who are distressed or agitated.
By undertaking this training, your team will increase their confidence in responding to challenging behaviours and their knowledge of how to keep themselves and others safe.
Make a booking
DEN’s 'Responding to Challenging Behaviours' sessions are provided to your organisation at no cost thanks to funding from the Tasmanian Government.
The sessions do however attract a minimal booking fee of $55 (GST inclusive) to cover the administrative costs of arranging the session.
We have received your booking request. You will hear back from us within 2 business days.