Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Mental Health
About this Workshop
In this workshop, participants will learn about the relationship between substance use and mental health. Participants will increase their understanding of mental ill health and how a person's overall level of well-being can affect their level of substance use, as well as how their substance use can in turn influence their mental health.
Build capacity and knowledge
Learn how mental health and substance use can interact, influencing a person’s overall health and wellbeing.
How does it work?
Requesting an alcohol, other drugs and mental health workshop is easy:
- Fill out the form on the right to request training.
- Within 2 business days, you'll receive an email with next steps and your request number.
- When your request is at the top of the queue, one of our Educators will be in contact to talk to you in detail about your needs.
- At the time of confirming dates for your workshop or education session you will be issued an invoice for the booking fee: once payment is received, your booking will be confirmed.
- Once training is finished, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
Learn how to support clients with multiple needs
In this workshop participants will increase their knowledge of substance use rates in Tasmania. They will learn why some people might be at increased risk of substance use issues, why they might choose to use drugs, and why they might be more likely to become addicted to them.
Participants will leave this session with increased awareness of the tools and resources available to support somebody who is using substances while experiencing mental ill health, and where additional help and information can be accessed when needed.
Make a booking
DEN’s 'Alcohol and Other Drug Workshops' are provided to your organisation at no cost thanks to funding from the Tasmanian Government.
The sessions do however attract a minimal booking fee of $55 (GST inclusive) to cover the administrative costs of arranging the session.
We have received your booking request. You will hear back from us within 2 business days.